Netherlands, Remote / Hybrid work
About the Job
This is your chance to participate in the development of the world's most fun social network FOLLOW. This position offers you the opportunity to further develop the backend together with the core team on the way to launching FOLLOW.
Company Profile Follow
FOLLOW is a brand new social network with a focus on fun in the outside world. A fully bookable 'TikTok' for travel, nightlife, culture, shopping and dining. The social network automatically creates its e-commerce counterpart by cutting up and reusing posted content. Follow runs on a 'green' algorithm and the revenue from bookings is shared with creators.
What are we looking for?
FOLLOW is looking for a talented Data Architect.
In this role you will:
- take ownership of the organization’s data strategy
- create and champion data architecture across the company
- create and oversee the design of multiple data models and have a broad understanding of how each model fulfils the needs of the business
- provide advice to project teams and oversee the management of the full data product life cycle
- have responsibility for making sure that the organizations systems and processes are designed in accordance with the data architecture
Important skills to have:
- Communication skills (data). You can communicate effectively across organizational, technical and political boundaries, understanding the context. You make complex and technical information and language simple and accessible for non-technical audiences. You can advocate and communicate what a team does to create trust and authenticity, and can respond to challenge.
- Data analysis and synthesis. You can translate data into valuable insights that inform decisions. You involve teams in analytics and synthesis to increase consensus and challenge assumptions. You can identify and use the most appropriate analytical techniques, and you have an understanding of analytical tools. You are numerate. You are aware of and keep up to date with advances in digital analytics tools and data manipulation products. You collect, collate, cleanse, synthesize and interpret data to derive meaningful and actionable insights.
- Data tools. Besides analytics, you have a clear view of available data tools in terms of cloud services, business intelligence, data visualization, data processing etc.
- Data communication. You use the most appropriate medium to visualize data to tell compelling and actionable stories relevant for business goals. You present, communicate and disseminate data appropriately and with high impact.
- Data governance. You understand data governance and how it works in relation to other organizational governance structures. You participate in or deliver the assurance of a service.
- Data innovation. You recognize and exploit business opportunities to ensure more efficient and effective performance of organisations. You explore new ways of conducting business and organizational processes.
- Data modelling. You can produce data models and understand where to use different types of data models. You understand different tools and can compare between different data models. You can reverse-engineer a data model from a live system. You understand industry-recognized data-modelling patterns and standards.
- Data standards. You can develop and set data standards for an organization. You can communicate the business benefit of data standards, championing and governing those standards across the organization.
- Metadata management. You understand a variety of metadata management tools. You can design and maintain the appropriate metadata repositories to enable the organization to understand their data assets.
- Problem resolution (data). You log, analyze and manage problems in order to identify and implement the appropriate solution. You ensure that the problem is fixed.
- Strategic thinking (data architecture). You have an overall perspective on business issues, events and activities, and an understanding of their wider implications and long-term impact. This could include determining patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements. You focus on outcomes rather than solutions and activities.
- Turning business problems into data design. You can work with business and technology stakeholders to translate business problems into data designs. You can create optimal designs through iterative processes, aligning user needs with organizational objectives and system requirements.
What we offer
- You work closely with the founding team
- You have the chance to make your mark in an early stage
- You’ll receive a market conform salary
- You’ll get equity in the company
- We have a flexibel working environment
- Remote / hybrid working
- You get early access to the network
- You’ll be part of one of the most ambitious startups in Europe
Interested? Send an email with motivation to email@example.com.