Netherlands, Remote / Hybrid work
About the Job
This is your chance to participate in the development of the world's most fun social network FOLLOW. This position offers you the opportunity to further develop the platform together with the core team on the way to launching FOLLOW.
Company Profile Follow
FOLLOW is a brand new social network with a focus on fun in the outside world. A fully bookable 'TikTok' for travel, nightlife, culture, shopping and dining. The social network automatically creates its e-commerce counterpart by cutting up and reusing posted content. Follow runs on a 'green' algorithm and the revenue from bookings is shared with creators.
What are we looking for?
FOLLOW is looking for a talented Algorithm Engineer.
In this role you will:
- be responsible for the entire algorithmic life-cycle in the company: data analytics, prototyping of new ideas, implementing algorithm models in a production environment and then monitoring and maintaining them
- turn algorithm prototypes into shippable products that will have a significant and immediate impact on the platform’s output
- work on a daily basis with machine/deep learning, big data analytics/engineering and cloud computing
- apply your scientific knowledge and creativity to analyze large volumes of diverse data and develop algorithmic solutions and models to solve complex problems
- influence directly the way people will use our products
- Work on personalization, content feed, recommendation systems, environmental sustainability optimization and much more
Important skills to have:
- Deep understanding of ‘search’ and ‘recommendation’ with familiarity on machine learning algorithms
- Strong programming and algorithm design skills
- Passionate for software quality, performance, and engineering excellence
- In-depth knowledge in data mining, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, recommendation strategy and data architecture
- Understanding the relations and effects between user behavior and machine learning algorithms
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Passion about technologies and solving challenging problems
What we offer
- You work closely with the founding team
- You have the chance to make your mark in an early stage
- You’ll receive a market conform salary
- You’ll get equity in the company
- We have a flexibel working environment
- Remote / hybrid working
- You get early access to the network
- You’ll be part of one of the most ambitious startups in Europe
Interested? Send an email with motivation to email@example.com.